TÜRIK BITIG
Language Committee of Ministry of Culture and Infrmation of RK
қазрусeng
Search:
Where:
Home Inscriptions Learning Dictionary Help
Site Parts
Turk Inscriptions And Manuscripts
Learn Old Turk Writings
Ethno Cultural Dictionary
Data
Help
Contact Us
Inscription Types
Orhon
Yenisei
Talas
Turfan
Altai
Kazakstan
Fergana
Resources
Signs
Dictionary
Search
Maps
Museum Exibitions
Articles
References
Font suppot
Site Map
  Kul-Chur’s Memorial Complex, The
Definition Texts Pictures Copies Sizes

Kul-Chur’s Memorial Complex, The

731 AD

Historical definition

In Old Turkic language: “Küli Čur”. Küli Čur was a military leader of Tardush and had shad-chur title of the Turkic state. No time specified in the text of the monument. Therefore researchers cannot define time of the inscription. But it concerned to the beginning of VIII century.

Names

“Ih Hoshoot”, “The Kul-Chur monument”, “The Kuli-Chur monument”

Location

The memorial complex is located in “Ih-hoshoot” district of Delgerhaan sum in Central aimag, in 200 km southwest from Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia, at N46º54´ - E104º33´.

All components of the complex are on its site.

Specification

The memorial complex consists of:

1. An elevated layer of the ground, 53х35 m

2. A Stele

3. A wide pedestal of stele

4. 8 stone sculptures

5. 2 lion statues

6. 2 sheep statues

7. 4 stone boxes

8. Balbals (the erected stone sequences) 165 stones last up to 1 km.

The stele is made of dark brown color slate. The inscription on the stele was stored partially. There are 29 lines of Turkic inscription on four sides.

Size

Height of the stele is 1.90 m, width is 0.61 m, height is 0.20 m.

Researches

W.Kotwicz studied first and then together with A.N.Samoylovich published translation of the inscription in 1912 182. E.Tryjarski, the member of joint Mongolian-Polish expedition, conducted comprehensive excavation of the memorial complex in 1962. G.Clauson, E.Tryjarski made scientific translation of the inscription in English and published paper copy of the stele and a dictionary in 1971 (183.) H.N.Orhun, S.E.Malov, T.Tekin, G.Aidarov 184 and other scientists conducted research of the inscription.

V.E.Voitov, G.Menes made a plan of the complex and portrayal of the stone sculptures and the stone box in 1983 185. Mongolian archeologist D.Bayar examined in detail the stone sculptures and made architectural measurements and scientific characteristics, portrayals 186. Kazakh scientists conducted researches in 2001 and 2004.

Full-text information
1.Малов С.Е. Памятники древнетюркской письменности. Тексты и исследования. – М., Ленинград, Издательствно Академии наук СССР, 1951
2.Малов С.Е. Образцы древне-турецкой письменности с предисловием и словарем. // Издание восточного факультета САГУ. – Ташкент, 1926.
Support bitig.org
The basic idea of creating the electronic historical and cultural fund was based on issue of The Oriental Studies Section of The Institute of Oriental Studies named after Suleimenov in 2005 under the govermental program "Cultural Heritage": "Қазақстан тарихы туралы түркі деректемелері" сериясының 2-томы Н.Базылхан "Көне түрік бітіктастары мен ескерткіштері (Орхон, Енисей, Талас)" Алматы: Дайк-Пресс. 2005, 252 б. +144 бет жапсырма.
Chief Editors:
doctor of history sciences Prof. M.Abuseitova
doctor of philology sciences Prof. B.Bukhatuly.
We appreciate The Director of The Institute of Oriental Studies Meruert Abuseitova for her help.

Inscriptions Learning Ethno Dictionary Dictionary Resources Search Help Contacts
қазрусeng
© Абай атындағы Қазақ Ұлттық педагогикалық университет.
Қазақстан Республикасы Мәдениет және ақпарат министрлігінің Тіл комитеті тапсырысы бойынша жүргізілген
"Жазба және этноархеологиялық деректемелер бойынша қазақ тілінің тарихи-мәдени ақпарат көздерін жасау" жұмысы шеңберінде жасалған.